Study in the UK
UK is a cosmopolitan and an exciting study destination; many thousands of families from around the world have made the UK their home, creating a richly diverse, open-minded, multicultural society. There are also more than a quarter of a million international students in the UK at any one time. There are thousands of educational institutions that welcome international students in the UK. You can choose from a variety of routes through the education and training system, combining different types of course according to your needs and abilities.
Education System in the United Kingdom
In UK “O” level is equivalent to SSC, “A” levels (2 years) is equivalent to HSC, Bachelors is for 3 years, 4 Years are hybrid program, masters for 1 year and Doctorate/PhD for 3 years.
- Postgraduate Certificates and Diplomas
- Masters Degrees (MA, MSc)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD or DPhil)
- Bachelor Degrees
- Diploma, Higher Diploma (Advance Diploma)
- Diplomas of Higher Education Foundation courses
- Foundation years or Access/Bridging courses
The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.
English Language Requirements
IELTS minimum score of 7.0 for Postgraduate and 6.5 for Undergraduate Studies.
TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80 (Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate Studies.
An exemption is possible if the student has scored above 60% in the English language in the X and XII std. (English Medium) & if the medium of instruction throughout school & college was English.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- 60% and above for humanities in Year 12.
- 60 – 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engineering in Std. XII / Diploma.
- 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification/experience. (Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%)
- Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program.
- 60 % and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
- Some universities may even accept student at 55% and above in the 1st degree GMAT scores ranging between 600-700 by many Universities for Management Programs
- if required. Full-time work experience of at least 2-4 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University
- All MBA accredited universities require a minimum of 3 years above work experience and age criteria of 25 years plus as a minimum age requirement.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the 3 /4 / 5 years of the Bachelor’s degree.
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- If you have work experience, then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL if available / required.
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses & Architecture programs).
• Others (Certificates/achievements at the State and National Level and extracurricular activities).